Paul Durand was selected as a most valuable player of the tournament.
– It’s a great accomplishment, but it’s only personal. It’s thanks for all the guys, we asked a lot from them. I know it was my last tournament. So, it’s thanks to them, thanks to lines, the receivers who caught every ball that I threw. Thanks to coaches, cause this team was amazing, told Durand.
You are going to continue?
– No, I don’t know, I think this was my last one.
He felt it very important winning European Championships.
– For sure. I started playing in a national team of under 19 years old. We won European Championships in 2006 in Stockholm. And now in 2018 we won with the seniors. It’s amazing. We have accomplished something great, I think. We’re gonna remember that for a long time.
Between each offensive play Durand and coach Esume had a small conversation.
– Coach gave me the plays and gave me some information. I was only executing the plays from the coaches. Sometimes he asked me to choose between one or another play, and I could give him my feeling. And I also would like to say thanks to him. He gave a lot of confidence in the playbook.
The offensive plays of Team France worked well during the tournament.
– It’s a team work. I will not be able thank all of them.
– Thank you very much for the whole organization, were Durand’s last greetings.